List of classes and upcoming events:-
- Tuesday in Nantwich– Yoga for You – Mixed ability hatha yoga classes suitable for all.
- Experience for your self, your self without distractions – treat yourself to a class!
- Why not pop along, enjoy the class, and benefit from yoga. Take whatever is relevant for you.
- Classes are not suitable for woman who are pregnant
Please see the end of page for information about suitable yoga teachers
- Under certain circumstances I can teach children, please see details below
- Should you wish to become empowered to begin a personal yoga practice, this will be a good first step. Should you have an existing personal practice and would like support or advice please ask.
- Satsang – Meditation (advanced mindfulness) and other aspects of non-physical yoga, such as yoga sutras, gita etc.
- Asana (physical postures and exercises synchronised with breathing)
- Pranayama (specific breathing practices) which bridge from asana part of the class to the relaxation part
- Relaxation (or meditation).
We progress from the grosser (starting with the physical) to the subtle (in the mind) via the breathing. This is an excellent and effective way to prepare for effective relaxation. For more information about what happens in a yoga class please visit www.bwy.org.uk/what-happens-in-a-class.
Classes allow you to either enjoy a yoga class at its own level, or because I weave in the wider aspects of yoga into classes, you will have the option to take on extra information and guidance should you wish. Options for more advanced students are given where appropriate. Guidance is given at the level required by the student. You are welcome to discuss individual needs, enabling all levels of student and types of progress to be manageable.
“When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.”
Children (under 18’s) – This tends to work well and it’s a pleasure to have younger people in the class. Agreement in advance is required. Children willing to behave appropriately in class are welcome if they attend classes with a parent or guardian.
Pregnancy – The classes I teach are not suitable for pregnancy yoga because the needs of those types of classes are very specific. Phone numbers for known teachers are listed below below, please contact them direct with any questions you have;
- Anna White – 07801 058 379
- Jackie Hudson – 07702 711 021
- Jenny Kennedy – 07887 921 438
- Sarah Hague – 07736 463 278
- Adele Offlands – 07900 954 292
- Karen Duke – 07981 649 509
- Janice Wong – 07951 012358
- Ann Simmonett – 07521 768590
- Alison Colyer – 07932 698604
- Susan Hartley – 07952 904629
- www – British Wheel of Yoga (BWY) – 01529 306851
- www – BWY North West Region – 0161 973 8319
- www – Mandala Yoga Ashram – 01558 685358