Support & Opportunities
It can be easy to become involved with yoga and still feel a little isolated or unsure of the opportunities and support that is available. Naturally the yoga teacher(s) who teach you are excellent and probably the most useful way to get support and find out about opportunities. However it’s important that your aware of other organisations that can provide opportunities support. None of us are alone. I will only list those which I personally can recommend as trusted.
- Mandala Yoga Ashram – www
- British Wheel of Yoga – www
- The Sport England recognised national governing body for yoga
- Aim to promote a greater understanding of yoga and its safe practice through experience, education, discussion, study and training
- Have regional offices. “Within each region there are County Representatives (around 60 in total), with other volunteers taking up posts of Regional Magazine Editor, Regional Training Officers etc.” (taken from BWY Website).
- Provide Student membership with benefits
- Provide courses including yoga teacher training and certificate courses.
- North West Region for British Wheel of Yoga – www
- Cheshire Yoga Teachers Association – www
- Student membership
- Teaching membership